Practical and Reliable
- Designed to be used on-site for immediate results
- Powered by car cigarette lighter or plugged into the power grid
- Anti-skid base for stability
- Central light to facilitate reading
- Choice of 20-40-50-100-200 rpm stirring speeds
- Selectable operating time for unattended operation
- Reliable and repeatable results from VELP stirring quality
- Precise speed from an electronically controlled DC gear motor
- 4 samples can be processed in parallel
- Stirring rods adjustable in height without tools
- Strong resistance to chemical and mechanical corrosion
What is JAR TEST?
Jar testing is a pilot-scale test of the treatment chemicals used in a particular water plant.
It simulates the coagulation/flocculation process in a water treatment plant, helping the operator in the determination of the right amount of treatment chemicals, and, thus, in improving the plant’s performance.
Jar testing entails adjusting the amount of chemicals and their sequence in which they are added. The sample requires to be stirred so that the formation, development, and settlement of floc can be watched just as it would be in the fullscale treatment plant.
The operator then performs a series of tests to compare the effects of different amounts of flocculation agents at different pH values to determine the right size floc.
CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL: Epoxy painted metal structure
STAINLESS STEEL STIRRING RODS: adjustable in height by a self blocking chuck
MONOSELECTOR: same speed for each rod
NUMBER OF STIRRING RODS: 4
POWER: 6 W
POWER SUPPLY: 100 – 240 V / 50-60 Hz
WEIGHT: 4,8 Kg
DIMENSIONS (WXHXD): 250x320x250 mm
TIMER: from 0 to 30 minutes (or continuous)
ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROL: 20 – 40 – 50 – 100 – 200 rpm